The GSC Power-Division High Pressure Conical Valve Spring with Ti Retainer for Toyota 3SGTE for shimless/shim-over bucket includes 16 titanium retainers and 16 conical valve springs. High RPM and High Boost levels are not a problem on these kits. True conical valve springs are not a new concept and are industry proven to provide several key advantages over traditional spring designs.
A major advantage of conical springs vs. traditional cylindrical or beehive springs is the dampening and removal of valvetrain harmonics. Of the three designs, conical springs are the front runners in valvetrain harmonic stability. Utilizing a varying coil diameter as well as coil spacing, a conical spring acts as a natural harmonic dampener in the transfer of valvetrain shock.
This translates to less stress, less wear, and a longer life of the included components. This level of protection is needed in today’s engines being pushed to their physical and mechanical limits by aftermarket modifications. Every GSC conical spring offers a superfinished surface treatment to go along with the patented, multi-step heat treatment process.
The finished product is an extremely reliable, high-performance spring allowing the users to push higher RPMs, use more aggressive cam profiles, and turn up higher boost pressures.
Conical Spring Benefits:
- Vastly improved harmonic stability with inherent self-dampening design
- Smaller design = weight reduction throughout the entire valvetrain system
- Applications for high RPM and boost pressure with the ability to run more aggressive camshafts
- State of the art manufacturing and engineering production processes
For shimless/shim-over valve tappet
- 110lbs @ 1.300" install height
- 251lbs @ 0.873" (S2 Profile valve lift)
- 260lbs @ 0.847" (S3 Profile valve lift)